Ways to fight pride in my life.
1. Regularly recite the Bible verse from Galatians 6:14 “God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
2. When I am criticized or accused wrongly, don’t always try to defend myself.
3. Consider other people’s opinions and views on things and don’t always think I’m right.
4. Keep my mouth shut more.
5. Let other people make their own mistakes and don’t think I should try to spare them.
6. Continually strive to avoid any type of praise or compliments. When they come, graciously receive them, but give God the glory.
7. Be thankful— have a heart full of thanksgiving.
8. Purpose in my heart that if a revival, generated by the Holy Spirit breaks out that I would not quench the Spirit in myself.
9. Reach out to others–avoid selfishness–be conscience of the needs of others.
10. Quench a critical spirit.
11. Pray for those we believe are in the wrong, asking God, if it is His will, to change the situation.
12. Seek to love others supremely.
13. Seek a refreshing daily from the Lord.
14. Present Jesus Christ, then stand back. Don’t try to convince others. Trust that the Holy Spirit will work in others lives.
15. Overlook and accept other peoples personalities and peculiarities that are different from my own. We’re all different–that doesn’t make us either right or wrong, just different.
16. Expect and accept and realize that life is continually changing and move with it. There will always be ups and downs, busy and quiet, and sad and happy times. This lowers stress and creates contentment.
17. Be a good listener.
18. Forgive, forgive, forgive, for I have been and am continually being forgiven.
19. Put before my mind the enormousness of the universe, realizing the awesomeness of God and His power and attributes. Don’t limit God.
20. Confess, confess, confess. Repent, repent, repent.
21. Reflect often on God’s goodness and all His blessings.
22. Remember His faithfulness to me in
23. Be “thirsty” for Christ and His Word.
24. Realize that thinking “my way is the right way” is idolatry.
25. When critical thoughts enter my mind about others, –stop–don’t let the words come out of my mouth, and pray for them.